Sunday, May 4, 2008

Here I Go!

So this is it. I've been delaying the inevitable long enough. Having been a reader of blogs for several years I've finally taken the plunge. I've always felt like blogging is a commitment that I wasn't sure I was prepared to make. I wanted to make sure I could do the devoted blogging community justice. I think I'm ready. Margaret thinks I'm ready. Are you ready? Please be patient with me while I learn to organize my thoughts without becoming narcissistic in the process. (Wow, I've never used that word in my life! Maybe I am ready for this.)

I do hereby pledge to the blogging world that I will blog only for myself. I will not depend on the encouragement of others to continue what I've started. I will not turn my blog space into a negative rant on the world. Though when I cannot find joy in my life, that I will use this space to purge it from me so that I can go about my life with an improved attitude. If over time I find no joy in this process then I promise I will seek out a new way to find that joy and say good bye to my fellow bloggers. I do reserve the right to add to or change any of these vows as life reveals necessary!

So welcome to Rainy's Window. I am Rainy, aka, Rainbose and for those real life friends, Sandi. Rainbose has been my moniker in the virtual world for many years now. Those of you who first met me with this name will probably "know" me better than my real life friends do. My real life friends may learn a lot more about me and my on line persona by reading here. Do so at your own risk.

For the rest of you who have no idea who I am I will tell you that I am 41. I am a married mom of 4. I have been married to the same wonderful guy for nearly 21 years. I'm sure I'll talk about him quite a bit on this space and while I will try my best to paint him in a good light I cannot be faulted if he triggers my ire. My oldest will be 20 next weekend. Mother's Day to be precise. I often call him Nodnarb. This came about many years ago when he put his name into a computer program and this is the name it spit back out at him. My next oldest child is known by many as Bubba even though she was horrified by that nickname as a child. Her gymnastics's coach dubbed her thus at the age of 6 and at almost 18 it has stuck. Next in line is 15 yr old Essica. She actually had no nickname growing up. She would not accept any but the one she was christened with at birth. We do not dare go against her wishes in this. Somethings are worth keeping the peace over. But a little girl who worships her calls her Essica and she permits it. The baby of our clan at 14 is Ricky or the Rickster, The girls gave him this name and oddly enough I sometimes hear it coming from my lips.

Whew, this is beyond enough for a first post. Time to decorate this space.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Awesome first post, Sandi! I'm glad that you've entered Blog World. It is a strange place at times, but I've loved the connections that I've made. I think people do get to know each other pretty well, and I enjoy finding out about others' lives--their joys, frustrations, successes, and disappointments. It makes me feel so much less alone; we're all on this bumpy "ride" called life together, and no one's life is perfect. However, I can't believe that M. could raise your ire. hee hee He seems like such a great guy, however guy is the operative word. Mr. Stargazer drives me crazy at times too. Hope you enjoy your site. It looks beautiful! Blog on. P.S. I intend to link to you, if that's OK.

←JACOB→ said...

Now I finally get to write the comments!! Thanks for sharing my blog link :) Jacob

yolanda said...

It is good to see you are blogging. This will be incentative for me to keep up with mine.