Monday, May 26, 2008

My Top Ten Websites

So nothing exciting is going on lately. I come to my blog and think, I really should post something but I've got nothing. I can't think of one darn exciting thing that would interest anyone or even me. So I thought I'd post the top 10 websites I've been visiting lately. Since I'm pretty much on the internet for hours at a time that should be really easy.

#1 My email. I subscribe to a few different message boards and I get posts sent to my email. This means I get a few hundred emails on any given day. If I don't check it regularly then gmail will probably self combust. The power of Swoob!

#2 Other message boards that I can't get sent to my email. There are just a couple that I visit regularly. One is a gymnastics gossip board that is pretty offensive to many people so I won't bother with a link. I also visit the college board to get all the latest info on the college gymnastics scene.

#3 Facebook has been fun lately. It's taken time to get into it and I'm not sure I'm really into it yet but I do enjoy keeping up with friends and that's a great way to do it. I wish all my friends had one so I could see what's going on with them. Mostly it's just fun and games and that gets old. I will be the first to admit I don't put in enough pictures or new information which is what I'd like others to put on theirs.

#4 Library Thing This is new for me and I'm very excited about it. Basically it can catalog every book you own or books you've read. I use it for both. I'm not even close to being done yet. It could take a few years to do this. There are also message boards and groups where you can discuss all things literary. It's very cool. I suggest you check it out if you haven't seen it yet. I also use this website to put what I'm reading on this blog. It's so easy to do.

#5 youtube nuff said

#6 My blog buddies. I check your sites nearly every day. If I forget to comment, please forgive me. Sometimes I follow links to other blogs and read some of those too. Not sure why it's so interesting to read what others have to say but I love it.

#7 Bowling websites. Mostly JBT to get all the latest info on tournaments.

#8 2008 Y Nationals We leave for Y Nationals in a month! I keep expecting new stuff to appear on their site as we get closer but I'm sadly disappointed each time I visit. I don't know what I'm expecting but we're all getting so excited about going that I have to keep checking it!

#9 Hmmmm this is getting harder than I thought. I just ordered a little something for Bubba's birthday but I can't really talk about that right now. Her birthday is this Thursday. She'll be 18! Wow. She got her cast off last Wed and she's hobbling around with a post op boot on. No pain in her foot but her calf muscles are gone! They just disappeared and she's sore from trying to use something that isn't there.

#10 When I get really bored I visit this site. It has really random games like Filler. All you have to do is click in the square and create a bubble. You can't let these little balls touch your bubble until you're done making it. You have to fill the square 2/3 of the way full to move on to the next level. It gets harder with more balls bouncing around in the square. It's really an addicting game. It's fun to try and make the biggest bubble you can without letting one of the balls hit it. Try it.

Like I said, not much is going on right now so the sites I visit are kind of lame. They change with the seasons so maybe I'll revisit this again in the fall.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Library thing--that sounds great! I use amazon to post on my blog, and it's had its issues. It's working right now though. Life has been pretty crazy for us around here with our senior. We have TWO kids graduating, but Ashley isn't going through Commencement. It's a lucky thing because they are the same day! So, why do people find the gymnastics board offensive? Do tell. Y Nationals is only a month away. Yikes. I sure hope Al has a vault. If not, we'll just have fun at the lake and riding around together in the minivan. OH, and having hall parties!

Anonymous said...

I'd have to give some serious thought as to what my 10 favorite websites would be. I don't know that I could even come up with 10. Weird, because I'm on these internets an AWFUL LOT.